At Vya Naturals we firmly believe that natural, handmade soap should be accessible to everyone. We are passionate about making the finest soaps using only natural ingredients because we know that what you put on your skin is very important. There is still a common misconception that commercial and handmade soaps are not different – so we are here to tell you differently and to answer all your questions on natural handmade soaps vs commercial mass produced soaps.
Do Natural Handmade Soaps Contain Nasties?
Vya Naturals Handmade Soaps are totally free from detergents, SLS, alcohol, parabens, sorbates, silicones, sulphates and preservatives; making it gentler on skin than ‘commercial’ soap or body wash. And because it’s kinder to skin, it’s absolutely perfect to use on sensitive skin too.
Mass-produced commercial soaps can contain chemicals that are known to dry out the skin and leave it irritated and sore – which is why many people over the years have switched to using body wash.
Do Handmade Soaps Clean as well as Conventional Soap or Body Wash?
Handmade soaps made with natural oils, cleanse just as well as conventional soaps without any of the irritation. And - handmade soap contains glycerin which is a natural byproduct of the soap making process, an excellent moisturizer and also one of the reasons that handmade soap is so good for your skin! Glycerin helps attract moisture from the air maintaining moisture in the skin throughout the day.
How long does the soap last?
This is one of those questions where the answer can be – how well do you treat your soap? Some of our customers say our soap lasts too long – they like to finish a bar so they can start a new one! It all depends on how you use it. Handmade soaps are generally softer than commercial soap due to the manufacturing process and ingredients used, so here is how to make your soap last longer:
- Use a soap dish that has good drainage – handmade soap is good for your skin but does not like to sit in a pool of water.
- Make sure the soap is not under the direct spray of the shower, try to keep it in a dry area.
- Buy multiple bars of soap, start using one and keep the others away from direct sunlight (may be in your cupboard or sock drawer). Handmade soaps become firmer as they age.
How Are Vya Naturals Soaps Made?
Our soaps are made the old fashioned way - cold process. We blend oils, then add essential oils and other skin loving ingredients.
Our soap bars are air dried or "cured" for 4-6 weeks. Yeah, it's quite a process, but what you get at the end of it is a skin loving bar of soap with amazing fragrance.
What do Vya Naturals Handmade Soaps Contain?
We have carefully formulated our soap with a balance of oils to provide a rich, generous and exceptionally mild lather, enriched with ingredients like:
- Olive oil: rich in antioxidants and free fatty acids that may help slow the aging process.
- Sweet almond oil: rich in vitamin E, antioxidants and essential fatty acid that are excellent for skin softening
- Coconut oil: provides a generous fluffy lather.
- Shea butter: provides superior emollience
- Charcoal powder: helps removing dirt and give your skin a deep cleanse
These ingredients help cleanse, hydrate, exfoliate and rejuvenate. The amazing fragrances in our soaps are all natural and contain our own blends of pure oils. We are transparent in our ingredients and list them on every product we sell because we believe it’s important that you know what’s in your soap too.
How do Handmade Soaps Help The Environment?
Research has also shown that we use more water when washing our hands with liquid soap, than solid soap bars — and its helps reduce your plastic waste too! So go ahead and swap your body wash or liquid hand wash for solid soap to reduce your environmental impact.
Ready for Handmade Soaps?
Check out the range of Vya Naturals Handmade Soaps:
- Rose Basil Handmade Luxury Bath Soap
- Activated Charcoal & Cedarwood Handmade Luxury Bath Soap
- Turmeric Orange & Cinnamon Handmade Luxury Bath Soap
- Neem & Neroli Handmade Luxury Bath Soap
- Coconut Lavender Handmade Luxury Bath Soap
- Himalayan Pink Salt Calamine Handmade Luxury Bath Soap
- Coffee Mandarin Handmade Luxury Bath Soap
Next time you are in the shower reach out for that handmade soap bar happily and with a clean conscience!
More questions? Let us know in the comments below.