So much has been written about Vitamin C in skincare that we decided to once again revisit this skincare favorite to ascertain how best to use Vitamin C Face Wash in our daily skincare routine.
WHY DO DERMATOLOGISTS RECOMMEND VITAMIN C IN SKINCARE
Vitamin C is good for our skin and for our overall health. For instance, it helps our bodies absorb other nutrients such as iron more efficiently. Vitamin C boosts immunity against infections, helps wounds heal faster and also affects mood & energy levels. It impacts cardiovascular health by keeping blood vessels elastic.
Here are the top reasons why specialists recommend Vitamin C for your skin:
- Vitamin C boosts your skin’s collagen levels. In addition it stabilizes skin collagen levels. This makes it great as an anti-ageing warrior.
- Vitamin C tackles pigmentation. Vitamin C inhibits the production of an enzyme that triggers melanin formation. This helps reduce and prevent formation of dark spots and scars.
- Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that helps repair free radical damage which makes it a great active ingredient to combat sun damage, loss of moisture and pollution damage to your skin.
- It boosts the power of your sunscreen because of to its antioxidant properties - which means that the layering of Vitamin C under your sunscreen fights free radical damage caused by UV exposure.
- It is one of those rare active ingredients that has something to offer all skin types. In fact it is great for almost all skin concerns you can think of - from pigmentation to dark spots, rosacea, acne and early signs of aging.
Despite the many benefits of vitamin C, human beings cannot synthesize this vitamin in our bodies. Nor are we able to store it. Vitamin C is water soluble. Excess Vitamin C is simply passed out in our urine in case we ingest excess amounts of the vitamin via our diet or via oral supplements.
Bottom line is that we need to ensure a regular daily intake of this vitamin in our diet. This also applies to topical application via our skincare.
HOW EFFECTIVE IS VITAMIN C?
Clinical studies have shown the potency of L-Ascorbic Acid. Products using this active penetrate skin tissue and step up collagen production. As a result, it makes skin appear smoother and firmer. It can also play a part in reduction of photo damage caused by harmful UVB rays.
Select a well-formulated product which uses a stable form of Vitamin C to get the best benefit of this ingredient.
VYA NATURALS VITAMIN C BRIGHTENING FACE WASH
Vya Naturals Vitamin C Brightening Face Wash is formulated with Ethyl Ascorbic Acid. Ethyl Ascorbic Acid is one of the most stable and effective forms of Vitamin C. It also contains Niacinamide and Glycerin for optimized hydration.
It is a light weight gel based cleanser which effectively cleanses without stripping your skin of its natural oils. You can use this product as step two of a double cleanse routine or just by itself.
HOW TO USE VITAMIN C FACE WASH
Massage Vya Naturals Vitamin C Brightening Face Wash onto moistened skin for at least 25-30 seconds. This ensures that the active ingredient stays in contact with your skin for a long enough period of time. Rinse off with cool or lukewarm water. Follow up with your favorite serum and moisturizer.
All Vya Naturals products are free from parabens, sulphates, mineral oil, formaldehyde releasers, phthalates, drying alcohols, premix bases or petroleum and many other potentially harmful chemicals.
SOME IMPORTANT POINTS ABOUT VITAMIN C
- Vitamin C is an unstable active. Exposure to heat and/or light can degrade it and make it less potent. Never purchase a Vitamin C product that comes in a jar or that is packed in clear glass bottles.
- Store your Vitamin C products in a cool dark place away from direct sunlight.
- Don’t be disappointed if you do not see results immediately. Use your products regularly and consistently. Be mindful of expiry dates and use up your product within 6 months of opening the bottle.
Content of this website is not a substitution for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. We do NOT replace any relationship that exists, or should exist, between you and a medical doctor or other healthcare professional. Results given in testimonials/reviews are from real people who have used Vya Naturals products, but identical or similar results are not guaranteed. Individual results may vary depending on skin type, sensitivity, lifestyle, age, skincare products combinations, skincare history, as well as how the products are applied and stored.