Have you heard the buzz about our latest serum? Vya Naturals just launched a 2% Alpha Arbutin serum and we have had nothing but the best feedback about it.
So what’s the deal with alpha arbutin and why does it make such a difference to our skin?
WHAT IS ALPHA ARBUTIN?
Alpha Arbutin is extracted from a plant source. This makes it a natural skin brightener.
It prohibits the formation of melanin thereby helping your skin to stay bright and free from pigmentation and sun spots.
Arbutin is most effective when formulated as a serum.
BENEFITS OF ARBUTIN FOR SKIN?
Alpha Arbutin effectively inhibits an enzyme in our skin cells called tyrosinase. Tyrosinase gets activated upon exposure to UV rays and is therefore responsible for the formation of sunspots and hyperpigmentation.
- Alpha Arbutin helps in maintaining a brighter and more even complexion.
- If your skin has hyperpigmentation as a result of acne scars, it will see the benefits of Alpha Arbutin application.
- Arbutin is a slow release ingredient. Sensitive skins can benefit from Alpa Arbutin.
- It is effective even at concentrations as low as 1% (the ideal concentration for effective skin care is 2%). Once again this translates into formulations that are easy for use on sensitive skin.
- All skin types can use this ingredient.
It is also a natural antioxidant. This means it protects your skin from oxidative damage caused by free radicals as well as those caused by exposure to UV rays and atmospheric pollutants. This helps keep your skin healthy and less prone to early signs of ageing.
HOW TO USE ALPHA ARBUTIN SERUM?
- Apply a few drops of Vya Naturals Alpha Arbutin Serum directly onto cleansed and toned skin. You can pat on some extra serum on areas that show prominent pigmentation or brown spots due to sun exposure. Follow up with moisturizer and sunscreen.
- Add Vya Naturals Alpha Arbutin Serum to your nighttime skincare routine. Wash your face thoroughly to remove the grime and dust of the day. Pat on a few drops of serum focusing once again on areas that show signs of pigmentation and/or sun damage. Apply your evening moisturizer and facial oil as applicable.
- Vya Naturals 2% Alpha Arbutin Serum has been formulated with Hyaluronic Acid & Niacinamide. Hyaluronic Acid to boost your skin's hydration levels, Niacinamide to regulate oil production and to further brighten your skin as well as Leuconostoc Radish Root Ferment, a natural skin friendly peptide which is an effective moisturizer.
- Apply Vya Naturals 2% Alpha Arbutin Serum on the skin of your face, neck, décolletage as well as on the back of your hands. All these areas are prone to showing sun damage and signs of UV exposure.
IS IT SAFE TO LAYER ALPHA ARBUTIN SERUM WITH OTHER SERUMS?
Alpha Arbutin is inert and does not negatively react with other skincare ingredients.
You can safely layer your Alpha Arbutin serum with other skincare heroes such as Vitamin C, Niacinamide, Hyaluronic Acid, Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA), Beta Hydroxy Acid (BHA) etc.
A rule of thumb is to apply the serum with thinner consistency first followed by the one with thicker consistency.
All Vya Naturals products are free from parabens, sulphates, mineral oil, formaldehyde releasers, phthalates, drying alcohols, premix bases or petroleum and many other potentially harmful chemicals.
Content of this website is not a substitution for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. We do NOT replace any relationship that exists, or should exist, between you and a medical doctor or other healthcare professional. Results given in testimonials/reviews are from real people who have used Vya Naturals products, but identical or similar results are not guaranteed. Individual results may vary depending on skin type, sensitivity, lifestyle, age, skincare products combinations, skincare history, as well as how the products are applied and stored.