First let's ask - What does milk do to your face?
"We've all heard that milk does our body a whole lot of good."
In-spite of all the dietary restrictions (lactose intolerance, vegan etc), there are lots of benefits from adding milk-based skincare products to your everyday routine. When we talk about the goodness of milk for our skin, we specifically talk about lactic acid. It helps reduce pigmentation, gently removes dead skin cells, heals dry skin, acne and sun damage and helps hydrate skin without irritation. The lactic acid also acts as an exfoliator and the fat in the milk is a great moisturiser.
Should you apply milk on the face?
Lemon juice is said to lighten skin. Similarly, lactic acid in milk is also helps with brightening. Therefore, when you apply it topically, lactic acid works to gradually diminish the skin pigmentation leading to brighter complexion. If you have dark patches on your skin, take a piece of cotton, soak it in milk, and apply it on the dark spots and patches. Allow it to dry overnight and then wash it off in the morning. In conclusion, you can use it as a toner.
So what product with Milk should you use?
You can use Vya Naturals Rose Scrub as it's filled with the goodness of so many natural ingredients including MILK!
- It has oatmeal which has been used as a way to nourish the skin and remove impurities. In other words, it also makes an excellent exfoliator.
- It has milk powder that provides double exfoliation and hydrates your skin.
- Rose Petals contain natural oils and sugars that help lock moisture into dry skin cells.
- Powerful natural ingredient "Neem" (Azadirachta Indica) is a potent anti bacterial and anti inflammatory agent and helps fight against acne and other skin imperfections.
How to get the best out of Vya Naturals Rose Scrub?
- Mix the dry powder scrub in water, rose water or yogurt.
- Make a paste and apply on you face as a mask for 10-15 minutes.
- After that, wet your fingertips and gently scrub off in slow circular motions.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water and follow up with your favorite moisturizer or serum.
Use this scrub regularly every 4-5 days. The result will be clear, glowing and healthy skin.
Here’s a quick DIY to help you achieve your skincare goals!
- Take one slice of lemon & half a cup of Full cream milk
- After that, soak the slice of lemon in milk for about 15 minutes.
- Rub the milk onto your skin with the help of a cotton ball and leave it overnight.
- Wash off with lukewarm water in the morning