Let's get started
Even though under eye bags are a frequent source of despair, the good news is there ARE things you can do to address them. What you first need to understand is what causes them.
Common causes of under eye bags
The three most common factors are age, heredity and lack of sleep.
- AGE: As we age the ligaments in the under eye area start to weaken. This prevents them from holding back the tissue as well as they used to, causing them to fall forward, creating those "bags"
- HEREDITY: Take a look at your parents. If they have under eye bags, it means - sadly - that you are also predisposed to eventually getting them. Yes we know life isn't fair :-(
- LACK OF SLEEP: If you notice under eye bags when you first wake up in the morning, that is apparently quite normal. When we sleep, our circulatory system slows down causing extra fluid to appear as bags beneath our eyes. These however (should) disappear in an hour or so. If you have had less than your required zzz's, however, your tired and less-rested body can prevent your circulatory system from flushing out the excess fluid, causing those bags to linger for the duration of your day.
Here are 5 Easy, Natural ways avoid or reduce under eye bags
- COOL YOUR EYES: Chill those eyes - apply a cool compress, green tea bags or cucumber slices. Just make sure they are cool, the low temperature is what does all the hard work!
- WATCH HOW YOU SLEEP: If you are a side or stomach sleeper, try sleeping on your back and with a slightly higher pillow than normal. Gravity will take care of the rest.
- LIMIT ALCOHOL AND SALT AT NIGHT: Alcohol dehydrates, and hence aggravates the sunken eye syndrome. If you do crave a drink may sure the water intake matches! And put down the salt shaker too!
- AVOID SMOKING: Another good reason to not light up! Smoking dries up the skin on your face and causes wrinkles.
- PROTECT YOUR EYES: Remove all eye makeup before your head hits the pillow.
- APPLY AN UNDER EYE CREAM OR UNDER EYE SERUM: Apply eye serum regularly and protect the skin around your eyes from UV rays. We recommend using Vya Naturals Under Eye Serum as it helps reduce puffiness, dark circles, fine lines and wrinkles in the delicate skin around the eye area. The anti-inflammatory brightening agents like Caffeine, Avocado Oil, Vitamin E, Niacinamide, Moringa and Grape Extracts de-puff and reduce swelling while increasing circulation to alleviate and brighten dark circles.
So there you have it gorgeous - there IS hope for those less than lovely under eye bags!
Have any skincare questions you'd like us to answer? Add your comment below or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org