When it comes to skincare products, there are two that win the trophy for sparking wonder, and a bit of confusion too - yes, you guessed it right - Eye Cream (or Eye Serum) and Face Serum.
With wonder follows the inevitable question - “How will these small bottles make a big difference in my skincare regimen?” Well, the answer couldn’t be simpler- both these products are highly concentrated solutions that believe in delivering real time results.
But does the confusion about the right way to use these products still hover in your mind? Don’t worry, we’ve made matters simple for you with an easy 2-step guide.
But first off, let’s brush up on the basics of an eye cream and a serum.
WHAT IS AN EYE CREAM?
An Eye Cream or an Eye Serum is a product that is formulated specifically for the skin around the eyes. The skin around your eyes is thinner and more sensitive than the rest of your face, so it needs special care. This is also the area to show first signs of ageing.
Want to dig deeper into the benefits of an eye cream? Check out this No-Nonsense Guide To Banishing Dark Circles and Puffiness.
WHAT IS A FACE SERUM?
Face serums, similarly, are are lightweight, highly concentrated products that penetrate deeper to deliver active ingredients into your skin. These active ingredients make serums the skin soldiers, guarding your skin against specific concerns like acne, pigmentation, hydration, brightness, wrinkles etc.
Have more questions about serums? Watch Bindu answer all of them here!
Now that you have introduced yourself to these two dark horses in skincare, let’s take a look at the 2-STEP GUIDE to correctly apply both these products, and keep your skin healthy and happy.
What Ingredients to look for in an Eye Cream or an Eye Serum
- Moringa Extract
- Grape Extract
- Vitamin E
How To Apply Eye Cream
Vya Naturals Under Eye Serum comes with cooling massage roller to reduce dark circles, puffiness, dryness and fine lines.
- STEP 1: Pump once to activate the roller and to release a small amount of serum
- STEP 2: Next, massage the under-eye area with the cooling roller
- STEP 3: Use your fingertips to gently pat in any excess serum
PRO TIP: never apply the Eye Serum too close to your eyes to avoid irritation.
Here’s the Under Eye Serum we recommend from Vya Naturals, which offers these benefits:
- helps reduce puffiness, dark circles, and reduce swelling while increasing circulation to alleviate
- helps hydrate and reduce fine lines and wrinkles in the delicate skin around the eye areas
- helps with brightening the under-eye area with anti-inflammatory brightening agents like caffeine avocado oil, moringa and grape extract, vitamin E and niacinamide.
Always choose a Serum according to skin concerns, and not ingredients
Serums have active ingredients that work best for specific skin concerns.
- Vitamin C Serum- for pigmentation and ageing concerns
- Hyaluronic Acid Serum- for dull and dehydrated skin
- Niacinamide 5% Serum- for overall skin health and barrier function
- Niacinamide 10% Serum- A multi tasking serum with vitamins and fatty acids that helps stimulate cellular turnover, nourish, heal, and repair
How To Apply A Face Serum
STEP 1: TAKE 3-4 DROPS IN THE PALM OF YOUR HANDS
Since serums are highly concentrated, you don’t need a lot of product to see a noticeable difference in your skin. A small amount of serum goes a long way. Do this step right after you wash your face, and apply your toner.
STEP 2: USE YOUR HANDS TO PAT IT ON YOUR SKIN TILL ABSORBED COMPLETELY
The patting action encourages the serum to sink fully into the deeper layers of the skin as far as it is able to go. There is no need to stretch, pull or massage your skin aggressively. Follow this step with a moisturizer for best results. For best results, use both at daytime and nighttime.
Vya Naturals recommends each of these 3 serums based on your skin concern:
Scenario 1: If you are looking to address concerns like fine lines and pigmentation
You can use our Vitamin C Serum that targets a host of concerns like:
- blocking free radicals
- restoring moisture
- minimizing fine lines and wrinkles
- boosting collagen production
- reducing pigmentation
- fighting off damage caused by pollution
- protecting against sun damage
Scenario 2: If you have dry, flaky skin
You can use a Hyaluronic Acid Serum that:
- delivers intense hydration deeper into the surface of the skin
- delivers powerful anti-oxidants and nutrition to the skin
- binds moisture by replenishing and holding cell moisture, leading to hydrated, plump skin
- holds 1000 times its weight in water, can be called a natural moisturizer
- makes skin plump and youthful looking
Scenario 3: If you are looking to strengthen your skin barrier
- it's a powerhouse ingredient for brightening and hydration
- it’s incredibly restorative
- helps repair skin
- reduces the immuno-suppressive effects of sun-induced UV rays
- fights off stressors that can ultimately lead to the deterioration or breakdown of our skin and premature signs of aging like discoloration and wrinkles
You may now agree with us when we say that skincare isn’t rocket science! By understanding the purpose of a product, and why you need one, you yourself answer a lot of your own queries about skincare.
Share your thoughts in the comments below and let us know your views on this 2-step guide to applying eye cream and serum.