But worry no more! Sensitive skin is simply a condition and not a skin type - if taken care of, it can be made better, healthier and glowing by following the below 6 steps:
STEP 1: TEST FIRST, APPLY SECOND
STEP 2: LESS IS MORE
3. SPF IS YOUR BEST FRIEND
4. CHOOSE PRODUCTS CAREFULLY
Be it cosmetics or skincare products - always read labels! Look for products free from fragrances, artificial colors and paraben preservatives, three common causes of irritation and flare-ups. And the shorter the ingredient list, the better. (Step 1).
5. MOISTURISE, MOISTURISE, MOISTURISE!
Giving your skin more fat, in the form of moisturizers and oils, will create a tighter bond between your cells and make it less vulnerable to irritants. If your skin isn’t very oily, you could also use a face oil at night instead of a moisturiser. Coconut oil is an all-purpose oil and works well all over your body. Use a non-oily or light moisturiser if you have oily skin and if it’s dry, apply moisturiser while your face is still slightly damp after bathing/cleansing.
6. STRENGTHEN YOUR INSIDES
PRODUCTS WE RECOMMEND FOR SENSITIVE SKIN:
- Himalayan Pink Salt detoxifies the body by balancing systemic pH.
- Calamine Powder helps to lighten dark spots and keeps skin healthy, hydrated and acne-free whilst also reduces redness and swelling of infected skin.
- The soap is also used as a mild antiseptic to prevent infections without stripping the natural oils in the body.
- With Green Tea & Aloe Vera extracts, this serum not only moisturizes, but softens, nourishes and hydrates the skin which helps to reduce dry, flaky skin
- Hyaluronic Acid Serum is free of parabens, sulphates, harmful chemicals, artificial colours and fragrance-free, silicone free and not tested on animals.
- This product is vegan which is always an added benefit when it comes to sensitive skin
- Niacinamide is uniquely compatible with products in your skin care routine and is well tolerated by sensitive skin
- Other helpful benefits include renewing and restoring the surface of skin against moisture loss and dehydration by helping skin improve its natural production of skin-strengthening ceramides
- When ceramides become depleted over time, skin is left vulnerable to all sorts of problems, from persistent patches of dry, flaky skin to increasingly becoming extra-sensitive
- Every type of skin be it Normal, Oily, Dry and sensitive, can use the luxury rose toner
- As there is no inclusion of Witch Hazel in this toner as it can be a trigger for Rosacea, you can use it with confidence that it will not make you break out in rash!
- This product is also a great toner for teen kids who are just starting out with make up
- Great skin prep for Serums and Moisturizers and it can help unblock and tighten stubborn pores.