Skincare should not stress you out - or so we think!
In order to simplify your skincare choices, we decided to compile a few key questions about serum. This is not definitive, but read up and decide.
First the BIG question - what is a serum?
Also called a “miracle worker”, a serum is a beauty product that’s now considered an integral step in our modern day skincare regime.
"A serum is a skin care product that is similar to a smart gadget. One with maximum power and that delivers exceptional results! Serums tend to be light weight with a thin fluid like consistency. They also contain a high concentration of active ingredients in smaller molecules. This helps active ingredients to penetrate deeply into the skin. Simply put, serums are a great way to up your skincare game."
Use a serum underneath a moisturizer or any other facial cream or lotion. Make sure to use your cleanser, toner, and moisturiser in addition to the serum. When used regularly, serums show great results. The results can range from improving skin tone, keeping the skin hydrated to reducing acne scars. The high concentrations of active ingredients and antioxidants help fight environmental damage and restore skin health.
Apply a serum after cleansing but before your moisturizer. This will ensure you apply powerful ingredients directly onto the skin.
How often should you use a serum?
Well, this depends on your need and the serum you choose. Understand your need, read the label and set your am and pm routine.
What's the difference between serum and face oil?
Serums and facial oils have two different purposes when applied to the skin.
Facial oils bring hydration and nutrition to your skin. They can be single origin oils or a blend of plant oils, essential oils and some may even contain mineral oils.
Serums are traditionally water based, address specific concerns and contain vitamins and anti-oxidants. They also have a smaller molecular size and penetrate much deeper into the skin as compared to facial oils.
- "Serums are applied on clean skin and followed by your moisturizer."
- "Facial oils are typically dabbed on on top of your moisturizer."
What to avoid when choosing a serum?
Serums target specific skincare concerns. First identify the concern you wish to address and to choose the right product accordingly.
- It is best to read labels to better understand the formulation of a specific product. Identify the primary focus of the serums you are considering. Also look at the additional anti-oxidants or infusions included in the product blend.
- As you would with any skin care product avoid formulations that contain denatured alcohol or SD alcohol as these are very dehydrating.
- We also recommend not selecting products that include parabens and phthalates among others.
Does Vya Naturals recommend a serum?
We most certainly do!
- We would recommend Vya Naturals Vitamin C Serum to achieve brighter, more even toned skin. It has 20% concentration of Vitamin C. This formulation also contains Aloe Vera Extract as a hydrator and Sodium Bio Hyaluronate as a humectant.
(Hydrator is an ingredient that adds moisture to your skin. Humectant is an ingredient that secures moisture in the skin.)
- We would recommend Vya Naturals Hyaluronic Acid Serum to achieve well hydrated skin. This also contains Vitamin C and Aloe Vera. It is a well formulated product that delivers intense hydration deeper into the surface of the skin. At the same time, it also delivers powerful anti-oxidants and nutrition to the skin.
Have more questions about Serums or Facial Oils? We would love to answer those for you. Just send us an email at email@example.com with your questions.