When you hear everyone talking about COVID-19 the first thoughts that come to mind are Global Pandemic, Social Distancing, Self Isolation and Quarantine.
Corona Virus, or COVID-19 as it’s commonly known, has taken a toll one way or another on everyone’s lifestyle. In times like these it gets quite challenging to ‘keep calm’ and carry on with your regular lifestyle because nothing ‘regular’ is working and ‘change’ is the new normal.
Pretty much most people that you know are working from home and putting Instagram stories with #WFH, neighborhood shops and cafes have been closed as a precautionary measure and you are practicing what is advised - #SocialDistancing
Follow the protocol:
- avoid touching your face (eyes, nose, mouth),
- wash hands frequently,
- do not shake hands,
- observe a distance of 3-6 feet when meeting in person and if possible practice self isolation in case you cough or cold
But amidst all the chaos that’s going on, make sure you aren’t neglecting your own self.
So don’t forget to indulge in some TLC. First off go through your beauty wardrobe and look at all that you have to take that extra care of your skin. Taking our skin for granted isn’t a good idea.
Listed below are 6 simple stay-at-home skincare tips you need to give a try.
TIP #1: DON'T SKIP YOUR CTM ROUTINE
Just because you aren’t leaving your home doesn’t mean you can cheat with your morning CTM routine. AM routine is necessary to clean up the overnight product build-up and PM routine is important to wash off the dirt that has built up through the day.
TIP #2: EXFOLIATE
This has to be our No. 1, absolute favorite, screaming no-brainer. Mix either of Vya Naturals Scrubs with 1 teaspoon with Vya Naturals Rose Luxury Toner or milk or yoghurt to form a paste for a mask and give yourself 15-20 mins of solitude. Masks not only produce immediate visible freshness (due to exfoliation) and hydration, they are also an excellent way of "feeding" antioxidants to your skin.
TIP #3: GET THAT BEAUTY SLEEP
To stay healthy, especially during the influenza season, get the recommended seven to eight hours of sleep a night. This will help keep your immune system in fighting shape, and also protect you from other health issues.
TIP #4: USE AN EYE PACK
Cool off your eyes with a cold pack (make one with rose water and cotton wool, refrigerate for 30 minutes before applying), or a couple of cucumber slices, or just palm your eyes for a few minutes. Tiredness in the eyes begins to impact your overall appearance rather quickly, and dramatically. Resting your eyes goes beyond just sleeping. You can also use Vya Naturals Caffeine Eye Cream to address puffiness and wrinkles.
TIP #5: DON'T FORGET SUN PROTECTION
Even though you are staying inside, slapping on that sunscreen still holds the same importance as it does when you’re heading out as there are UV rays around even when you don't feel so.
TIP #6: DO A DIGITAL DETOX
Last but not the least, introduce a digital detox. What with the social distancing and working from home, the only friends we got are the ones from our favourite shows on Netflix. So it can get challenging to give up on all things digital that keep you connected and busy. But try you should!
Our recommendations from Vya Naturals:
- It gently removes dirt, oil and impurities and restores your complexion's natural glow
- Packing a punch of antioxidants, it helps brighten complexion and promote collagen synthesis under the skin to reduce fine lines revealing youthful looking skin
- Keeps the skin hydrated leaving it with a boost of hydration and a clean feel
- The second step in your CTM beauty regimen, this toner helps clarify and shrink pores and helps you achieve a cleaner and younger appearance
- This Toner is full of components with varying purposes, but they all work together to combat and remove excess oil
- The toner is gentle on all skin types—even if your face is dry or sensitive.
- A blend of the best ingredients to deliver antioxidant benefits to the skin, it helps reduce pigmentation,appearance of wrinkles & fine lines for smoother radiant looking skin
- Provides intense hydration without making the skin greasy while strengthening the skin’s barrier and helping you achieve smoother, toned & brighter-looking skin
- Rose petals are rich in Vitamin C which helps boost collagen production and strengthens skin cells and tissue
- Along with natural exfoliants like oatmeal and milk powder, it polishes away small imperfections leaving skin visibly brighter and even toned
- With the powerful herb Neem, it helps in healing mild skin problems like rashes, irritation and infections with its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties
- Nourishes, moisturises and hydrates the skin and well suited for all skin types
- This gentle scrub is an ideal way to scrub away dead skin to achieve radiant skin. Made with natural ingredients like haldi, besan, this scrub will help reduce sun damage and age spots
- It will help control the production of excess sebum on your face, reduce oiliness, eliminate acne scars, stretch marks etc. It’s healing properties will address cracked and dry skin
- This scrub has ingredients that support regeneration of skin cells, improves elasticity, reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and even skin tone