When you hear everyone talking about COVID-19 the first thoughts that come to mind are Global Pandemic, Social Distancing, Self Isolation and Quarantine.
Corona Virus, or COVID-19 as it’s commonly known, has taken a toll one way or another on everyone’s lifestyle. In times like these it gets quite challenging to ‘keep calm’ and carry on with your regular lifestyle because nothing ‘regular’ is working and ‘change’ is the new normal.
Pretty much most people that you know are working from home and putting Instagram stories with #WFH, neighborhood shops and cafes have been closed as a precautionary measure and you are practicing what is advised - #SocialDistancing
Follow the protocol:
- avoid touching your face (eyes, nose, mouth),
- wash hands frequently,
- do not shake hands,
- observe a distance of 3-6 feet when meeting in person and if possible practice self isolation in case you cough or cold
But amidst all the chaos that’s going on, make sure you aren’t neglecting your own self.
So don’t forget to indulge in some TLC. First off go through your beauty wardrobe and look at all that you have to take that extra care of your skin. Taking our skin for granted isn’t a good idea.
Listed below are 6 simple stay-at-home skincare tips you need to give a try.
TIP #1: DON'T SKIP YOUR CTM ROUTINE
Just because you aren’t leaving your home doesn’t mean you can cheat with your morning CTM routine. AM routine is necessary to clean up the overnight product build-up and PM routine is important to wash off the dirt that has built up through the day.
TIP #2: EXFOLIATE
This has to be our No. 1, absolute favorite, screaming no-brainer. Mix your favorite scrub with 1 teaspoon rose water or milk or yoghurt to form a paste for a mask and give yourself 15-20 mins of solitude. Masks not only produce immediate visible freshness (due to exfoliation) and hydration, they are also an excellent way of "feeding" antioxidants to your skin.
TIP #3: GET THAT BEAUTY SLEEP
To stay healthy, especially during the influenza season, get the recommended seven to eight hours of sleep a night. This will help keep your immune system in fighting shape, and also protect you from other health issues.
TIP #4: USE AN EYE PACK
Cool off your eyes with a cold pack (make one with rose water and cotton wool, refrigerate for 30 minutes before applying), or a couple of cucumber slices, or just palm your eyes for a few minutes. Tiredness in the eyes begins to impact your overall appearance rather quickly, and dramatically. Resting your eyes goes beyond just sleeping. You can also use Vya Naturals Under Eye Serum to address puffiness and wrinkles.
TIP #5: DON'T FORGET SUN PROTECTION
Even though you are staying inside, slapping on that sunscreen still holds the same importance as it does when you’re heading out as there are UV rays around even when you don't feel so.
TIP #6: DO A DIGITAL DETOX
Last but not the least, introduce a digital detox. What with the social distancing and working from home, the only friends we got are the ones from our favourite shows on Netflix. So it can get challenging to give up on all things digital that keep you connected and busy. But try you should!
Our recommendations from Vya Naturals:
- This gentle face wash helps remove excess oil and signs of tan from the upper layers of skin and restoring the natural glow of the skin
- Formulated at an ideal, non-stripping pH level
- Cruelty-free and vegan product
- MULTI PEPTIDE MOISTURIZER - A non comedogenic Multi-Peptide Moisturizer with a power of 2 potent peptides that help smooth wrinkles and increase skin elasticity.
- FOUNTAIN OF YOUTH - Purslane (Portulaca Oleracea) herb has been touted as the "fountain of youth" as it promotes the anti-aging enzyme telomerase is rich in various antioxidants and hydrating Omega-3 fatty acids.
- NON GREASY FORMULA - This moisturizer feels light on the face and is non-greasy. It nourishes and hydrates your skin without making it greasy.
- POTENT MOISTURIZER - A specialized product meant for skin that is prone to early signs of ageing It helps stimulate cell repair, which decreases the appearance of scars and wrinkles.
- Formulated with 5% niacinamide, it delivers hydration throughout the day leaving the skin looking healthy and more glowing.
- Niacinamide is the magical ingredient that does it all. This water-soluble, ultra-hydrating vitamin that works to replenishes the complexion and improves skin’s barrier (its first line of defense).
- This serum helps renew and restore the surface of skin against moisture loss by helping skin improve its natural production of skin-strengthening ceramides.
- Blended with plant extracts it helps renew and restore the surface of skin against moisture loss and dehydration by helping skin improve its natural production of skin-strengthening ceramides.
- This lightweight easy to penetrate hard-hitting serum is ideal for all skin types.
- REDUCES DARK CIRCLES, PUFFINESS & FINE LINES: Vya Naturals Under Eye Serum enriched with Caffeine, Avocado Oil, Moringa and Grape Extracts, Vitamin E and Niacinamide addresses fine lines, dark circles and puffiness while Rosemary Oil and Hyaluronic Acid helps soothe sensitive under eye skin and reduce dry skin.
- MADE WITH NATURE’S FINEST INGREDIENTS: Improve fine lines, wrinkles and puffiness with Caffeine, soothe with Aloe Vera, Avocado and Rosemary Oil, reduce puffiness and relieve tired eyes with Olive Leaf Extract, soften and condition skin with Moringa Oil, Niacinamide and Vitamin E.
- FORMULATED WITH POTENT COMBINATION OF ANTIOXIDANTS & NATURAL VITAMINS: Vya Naturals Under Eye Serum contains Vitamin E, Vitamin B3 (Niacinamide) and Grape Extract which is rich in powerful antioxidant resveratrol. Avocado Oil is a natural source of Vitamin E. Moringa is rich in Vitamin C. Rosemary is high in vitamins A, C and B6.